4.11.08

SMARTBoards

My favorite part of these readings was the chatty class that suddenly stops talking when a simple SMART Board function is performed. It's easy to see why the class would be so intrigued, but you wouldn't think it would have such an impact. For a class that has behavior problems, a teacher introducing SMART technologies could make all the difference in the world. Students that want to participate in class will accomplish and learn more in the long run.
I didn't realize that there were separate clickers-type devices that go with interactive boards. I think it's great to be able to combine the board and clickers to keep students as engaged as possible!
While the applications included with the SMART Board are simple and easy to use, I found myself having trouble trying to decide which individual applications or tools to utilize. There were many tools that I liked, and could use as is, without much extra addition on my part, but that wasn't the point of our assignment.
The slides that I did end up with are simple and basically self-explanatory. As I take more time to get acquainted with the technology, I would definitely like to become fluent with it and be able to carry it into any classroom.

No comments: