26.11.08

EDU 610 Class Reflections

Technology.

Technology has evolved so much in even the last few months, that it's hard to keep up with it. However, as educators, it is a necessity to stay current with these technologies, as they impact our students immensely.

Even the most simple of technological advancements can be a huge improvement in students' lives. Students today do learn differently then we did, and there's nothing we can do to change that. We as teachers either need to accept the changes and constantly be updating our approach, or remain stagnant and have our students flounder.

One way to keep up-to-date, is by reading current journals and blogs, and reflecting both on what others have written, as well as your own use of technology. Reflection leads to growth.

EDU 610 gave me a new appreciation for technology. As I had considered myself to be fairly tech-savy, I found that I thought wrong as the course began. There were many terms that I had heard of, but could not define, and there were technologies that I had not heard of. While I still wouldn't consider myself to be technologically advanced, I would say that I have a better understanding for the technology available to me today.

While I had used PowerPoints in lessons before, I hadn't used them to their full potential. While I had heard of SMART Boards and tried it once, I hadn't given the technology a real try by creating interactive lessons.

I think that incorporating technology into my everyday lessons and into my professional experiences, I will have a better chance at a good job, because it shows that I am willing to change with the times and accomodate to the net-generation I am teaching.

No comments: