Why has this not been implemented in more schools?!
Buffalo Public Schools, who is adding a gaming feature to their Math curriculum, is taking a step into the unknown. In the brief article, David Nagel mentions that the gaming component will be added for grades 3-12. Great idea! Kids even younger have started playing video games, and seniors as well continue playing when they head off to college.
I love the idea of math computer learning games, because students already have the mindset of a teamwork environment from other games, so why not incorporate it into the school environment.
I could see, however, that some students, who may love gaming at home with their friends, may still be intimidated by the added math component, simply because of the skills required. I would be interested to find out how the gaming is incorporated with the daily lessons and see how the students are applying learned concepts as they go along.
Portfolio
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment