21.10.08

Mac's aren't so bad

Many people think that Mac computers are this scary machine that's hard to navigate, hard to use, and hard to learn how to use. However, would those people actually sit down and try, they'd see that it's not so bad after all.

I enjoyed getting back on a Mac computer last week. It had been two years since I had the opportunity, and I enjoyed it. I really like how all of the applications work together and easily share their information. This makes it so much easier for the user to access their information. This is useful in a classroom. For example, if students are supposed to take pictures of a scientific process they are studying and make a video with them, they can easily access their downloaded pictures in the iMovie application.

My friend has a Mac computer from her school to use, and I'm definitely going to share the ideas we came up with for using the iLife Suites in and with the students. Such ideas as using an altered picture from Photobooth to write a story about, creating a picture slideshow for conference or Back to School Night, or as Mrs. Mislevy shared about taking four snapshots in Photobooth to show a process are easy enough for teachers to implement in the classroom with their students.

I mentioned how much I liked using the Mac's to my husband, and how it would be nice to get one for our next computer, and he made a face at me. It just goes to show, that those who don't or haven't had the opportunity to try, think they're too difficult. But, I think, Mac's just aren't so bad.

No comments: